Saturday, November 3, 2012

CAN WE TALK?


I got down two interviews this week, so I am feeling pretty good.

I interviewed Erik, my friend from Montreal who I was with when I saw Madonna. We talked about gender identity and some of the struggles he faced grrowing up and being unable to define himself according to one gender. 

I also interviewed a close friend of mine on the topic of being comfortable with your own sexuality. The friend, whose name I agreed not to release, discussed with me how important it is to love yourself, and how she would like to see some of the negative connotations associated with female masturbation abolished. She talked about how part of being sexually healthy as a young woman, to her, includes loving yourself honestly.

Both of the interviews were very interesting and I am looking forward to developing characters and plots that will speak to some of the issues that were raised through our conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment